We promised our son we’d take him fishing for his 21st birthday.
We drove 12 hours from Tulsa to Galveston to do it.
I got to the marina in the morning and asked the first mate where the facilities were on the boat.
He said if you open this door in the front of the cabin, you will find a bucket with a toilet seat lid.
I have a broken leg.
I love my boys
I really do.
Just not enough to pee in a bucket
with a toilet seat
in front of God and everybody.
I made my husband take me back to the hotel.
They had more fun without me.
They caught trout, sheeps-head, and shark without the trauma of seeing mom try to pee in a bucket with a broken leg.
And bonus – I got to pee alone
in my hotel room.
It was a win/win day.
This is really cute. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Published on May 3, 2014
Make sure you have enough caffeine for your finals. #doyouwannagotostarbucks
This is a mini-musical parody on Frozen’s song “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?” from two students from Point Loma Nazarene University
Musical Stuff and Acting stuff by Jené Nicole Johnson
Filming Stuff by Olivia Mowry
Ben Miller sing’s Randall Munroe’s “Every Major’s Terrible” from the webcomic xkcd!
“Deana you are so blessed to have this down time. I’d give anything to spend time alone with God.”
I’ll be honest, I’m feeling that vibe a lot less now than I was back in October. The first three weeks were great, then I got bored.
In October, I knew I was only going to be down for a few months. Three, maybe four tops! In that down time, I would spend a month or two in physical therapy, but surely I’d be walking and driving by April.
Not a chance.
That simple little surgery I had last October where they broke my tibia in half, straightened it out, added a metal plate, screws and a bone graft isn’t healing.
Actually, my body got hungry and ate the graft, leaving a nice hole in the middle behind the metal plate. My leg is still broken and even though I can walk with a boot and crutches, it hurts.
I am going back in tomorrow, April 2 for another bone graft. This time they’ll take the bone from my hip. I’ll be back sitting in a chair staring at water for a few weeks while this heals. No April Fools joke, this is for real. 90 days no walking and another 90 days-ish using crutches. After that we get to decide whether or not to replace my ankle. I’m going to be down for a really long time.
This is more me time than I wanted.
I’ve learned some things though.
1. I had no idea people post such drivel on Facebook or think meme’s are factually accurate.
2. Just because my leg is broken does not mean I can’t help tear apart a kitchen.
3. Dust will not kill me.
4. The dogs who have no regard for my boot and crutches however, may.
5. Laundry can wait until someone brings it downstairs. (Flinging it down the stairs while standing on crutches is not wise – don’t ask)
6. Candy Crush is rigged against you.
7. You can go broke playing Facebook games. You can also get very bored with them after level 130.
8. Online shopping rocks.
9. Number of tie-blankets you can make before losing your mind is three.
10. Banjo really does sound better when you practice.
Have a great day you guys.